WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
10-15-2019, 05:24 PM
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability?
(10-15-2019 01:45 PM)jpcuzzourt Wrote:  I just received my 34S V3.3 manual (PDF) from Dr. Bonin. It has my name on each page [good], but also displays a yellow watermark diagonally across every page [not so good]. Maybe I'll learn to ignore it, but I find it very annoying as I'm trying to read and absorb the information.

(10-15-2019 02:16 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  There's really no way to do that. Any PDF can be unlocked by visiting one of many websites that automatically unlock them and remove the password. Once that is done, any watermarks or identification can be removed simply.

(10-15-2019 03:21 PM)burkhard Wrote:  Yeah, I feel your pain. I gently complained about that to Walter also, but he was most adamant about needing it to remain. Personally, I think that with EVERY PAGE having my name (spelled wrong as it turns out...) in the footer, I things are pretty safe. Is anyone going to take the effort to cover up his name on 339 pages in order to pirate the manual to a small user base? Unlikely.

I do wish that is something they reconsider, certainly for the futureware WP43S, if it follows the same business model for its manual. I do think the WP34S is a great calculator and a fantastic example of a successful worldwide collaboration enthusiast project. I've bought both the hard manual and also the PDF in order to support the teams' expenses a bit. It's truly a fine manual, too... The PDF is very handy for cntl-F searching. I'm fairly reasonable... The (misspelt) name in the footer is fine; it's only that giant killer watermark that drives me a bit batty and really detracts from the work. It's like an architect designing an elegant mansion with great attention to detail and then spray-painting his firm's name over the whole front of the completed facade.

I agree completely. Well, at least I have the comfort of knowing I'm not suffering with it from my own ignorance. Big Grin

Thanks for the replies guys!

Georgia, USA
10BII+, 12C, 14B (AE), 17B, 17BII, 20B, WP-34S, 28S, 35S, 39GS, 48G, 82240A,B
+ sliderules galore, mostly Hemmi/Post & Dietzgen
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP-34S PDF Manual Vers 3.3 Availability? - jpcuzzourt - 10-15-2019 05:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)