Made a new program for the HP 11C
01-08-2014, 09:36 PM
RE: Made a new program for the HP 11C
Dieter,

Thank you for your reply!

I know about the HP20B/30B open source firmware, unfortunatly I never tried buying one to mod it myself, due to the difficulty in assembling the cable connector. I don't know if there are other alternatives, meanwhile. It is a great project and there is still some hope left, that one day I get a WP34S!

Regarding the storage arithmetics, I honestly did not have time so far, to read the relevant pages of the manual. I know it can be done, but I am/was not sure how to do it exactly. I left it for later improvements.

I do appreciate A LOT that you have linked me to the source code part, where primes are tested! This is simply GREAT! I knew about more advanced algorithms like the Miller-Rabin, but honestly, as a non-mathematician (just a simple engineer), it is a bit dry to read and understand.

But looking at the C code is just great! Again, thanks a lot for this.

Meanwhile I started to hack a simple interpreter for my HP-11C source code, so that it is easier to program for the HP-11C. It does run the prime code v2 so far, but lots of other functions of the calculator are missing. The goal is not to do a HP-11C simulator (there is the perfect nonpareil emulator for that), but to do a simple interpreter, that allows easier and quicker development of the algorithm/code. When (if) it is finished, I can share it, in case someone is interested. Don't expect much, though...

Regards,
vma

PS: I have the feeling there are only math geniuses on this forum, which makes me nervous...

HP: HP 11C, HP 40, HP 48GX, HP 95LX, HP 200LX
CASIO: FX-5000F, FX-880P, FX-9860 Slim, ClassPad 330
TI: TI-74, TI Voyage 200, TI Nspire CAS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Made a new program for the HP 11C - vma - 01-07-2014, 09:21 PM
RE: Made a new program for the HP 11C - vma - 01-08-2014 09:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)