HP-11C: What is going on with the asking prices?
03-21-2015, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2015 06:07 PM by jebem.)
RE: HP-11C: What is going on with the asking prices?
Well, I have a few days at home, preparing myself for delivering the new training courses on the new VMware vSphere version 6 virtualization platform just released a couple of weeks ago, before traveling south once again to Brazil. Yes, I enjoy my work, specially because I'm "forced" to travel there Smile

So, I took some photos of my HP-11C new acquisition to share with you.

As has been mentioned in this MoHPC site by several experts, namely Katie (sorry if I can't remember other names right now - no offense intended), HP have deployed the best in class LSI technology in their calculator heydays.

This LSI technology used in these machine series is just amazing.
After removing the batteries I have left the machine to rest for more than two days. Today I have inserted the batteries once again to run the diagnostics for one of the presented pictures.
Well, after powering ON the calculator, I was presented with the exact stack contents I had two days ago!
This means an excellent low leakage battery backup capacitor able to retain its charge for several days in a row, and above all, an extremely low leakage static memory - probably the best ever made!

Edited: I managed to find Katie's comments on battery consumption and MOS technology in the old forum and in the new one here.

[Image: HP-11C_001.jpg] [Image: HP-11C_002.jpg]

[Image: HP-11C_003.jpg] [Image: HP-11C_004.jpg]

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-11C: What is going on with the asking prices? - jebem - 03-21-2015 04:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)