Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
04-12-2015, 06:01 AM
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
(04-12-2015 03:20 AM)BarryMead Wrote:  Mark: I was wondering if you have attempted to build any of the decNumber library stuff on the Edison?
Since it is at the very core of the WP-34s and other open source calculator offerings . . .

hi Barry, not yet. There are several really good packages (MPFR, MPC, and GMP some of the best) on the front burner... not to mention Python's Decimal. I am planning on comparing the decNumber <sp?> library with the others, of course. What I'm interested in primarily is fast (very fast, say Fast Fourier Transform, FFT) for multiplication at least, but I'm also very interested in arbitrary precision. I want the user to be able to 'select' the intermediate precision register(s) length! --similar to WP34s Double, but without limits (within practical reason). You ought to be able (for whatever reason you dream up) to work a calculation like sqrt(2) to 500 decimal places and scroll left and right on the result; even though no calculator at this time does that... well, except our PCs of course, and my phone!

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 04-12-2015 06:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)