Open discussion: should newRPL change target hardware?
03-10-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: Open discussion: should newRPL change target hardware?
(03-10-2015 08:30 AM)Ailurus Wrote:  Another + for the 50g is that the keyboard has lots of dedicated buttons for programming in RPL. Maybe that won't be that big of a deal as I suspect lot's of people prefer writing programs on a computer anyway, I for instance am planning on writing a newRPL mode for Emacs.
This sounds really cool!
And yes, the 50g keyboard has a better layout, though with an overlay it can probably be made comfortable.

(03-10-2015 08:30 AM)Ailurus Wrote:  Claudio, have you thought about making an newRPL interface for iOS or Android like there is for WP34s? If you're afraid that it wouldn't be approved on the App store, take a look at Pythonista for instance which implements Python on top of iOS. I don't think any calculator application on those devices are really comparable to the completeness of a high-end calculator, which is too bad since it would certainly be possible. I don't mean this as the first target device but maybe that's something to aim for in the long run.
I did, that's why the simulator is Qt-based. I never actually used Qt for any device other than a PC, but it should reduce the porting effort to Android at least.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Open discussion: should newRPL change target hardware? - Claudio L. - 03-10-2015 04:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)