[48G] Second hand recommendation
03-03-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: [48G] Second hand recommendation
(03-03-2015 11:19 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  Thank you all for your advices, this has been very useful.
I'm now the proud owner of a 48G and I have to confess I already love it.
I found it in a pretty good condition except that battery contacts are slightly corroded, two lower rubber feet are missing and for some reason the beeper sometime has a vanishing sound. I ran the various auto-tests and no error was reported. The keyboard is awesome (yes it is a Singapore model!) but I find the screen slightly blur but I'm not convinced it is a defect - may be I need new glasses - and there is no dead pixel. Looks like annonciators and dot matrix are not at the same height and I really need to read it straight; may be this is by design.
There was no box and no book, just the soft case and weird leaflet that I don't yet understand the purpose.
I find this little thing very attractive and I have to confess I'm quite excited at the moment. I'm in the process of reading a scanned documentation but would really prefer a real original text PDF (with indexing and text search) instead of scanned one, not sure this actually exists.
After my first 15C, 15CLe, a Prime (that I gave to my son) and recently a 35s which was much better than expected, this 48G could become my favorite calculator.

Congratulations, the 48G/GX are in many ways the pinnacle of HP machines. I highly recommend you read Bill Wickes HP-48 Insights (G/GX version) which is on the MoHPC USB document set as you explore this new toy.

You can get replacement rubber feet here.

If you prefer real manuals, I have a set of used 48G manuals you can have for the shipping costs to France, but that still may be not too cheap. Just let me know. I can purchase and send a pair of the rubber feet for my cost as well if you like. Everyone should love their HP48!

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[48G] Second hand recommendation - Tugdual - 03-03-2015, 02:14 PM
RE: [48G] Second hand recommendation - Han - 03-03-2015, 02:21 PM
RE: [48G] Second hand recommendation - Han - 03-03-2015, 02:44 PM
RE: [48G] Second hand recommendation - rprosperi - 03-03-2015 11:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)