[34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
03-03-2015, 07:56 AM
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
(03-01-2015 01:02 AM)BarryMead Wrote:  
(02-28-2015 11:42 PM)Marcio Wrote:  Certainly Sir. And if you don't mind my asking: Are you a mathematician?
No, I am a digital electronics engineer, and software developer.

This is really the crux of the debate (how one's mind is wired, and I mean this respectfully).

Mathematicians will prefer a calc (if at all) that is algebraic (AOS or equiv) with pretty print which displays equations as they are written in a text book, or out on the whiteboard, with perfects preferably (absolute symbols like PI/2 rather than approximate decimals).

Engineers, on the other hand, are going to prefer RPN; especially OCD engineers (like me). We want control over our intermediate results, and we want to be able to verify what happened, and did it happen reasonably, and can be be sure of this! Also, we want it to be fast and as error free as possible--- RPN rules; if you're an engineer.

On the other hand, if you're a mathematician (if you want a calculating machine at all) it will be one that represents things automatically and mathematically (you're probably wanting to see parenthesis, if you're a mathematician). RPN would just drive a mathematician crazy... they might even think an RPN calculator was broken, and send it in for repair. :-}

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack - MarkHaysHarris777 - 03-03-2015 07:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)