[34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
02-16-2015, 01:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2015 01:10 AM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
(02-15-2015 10:28 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Based on discussions with friends and my own experience as (mostly) RPL user, I'd like to suggest two possible new features for the WP 34S (or derivatives and successors) to make it more attractive to a broader user base.
. . .
Matthias

its not a bad idea, Matthias. (I'm not advocating for *any* change, nor do I have an agenda) I would simplify the request, to allowing *other* modes of operation (forget the 50 flag). But, if I understand the state of affairs, the firmware is maxed out. Anyway these are the modes I would like to see- sometime.

1) Classic RPN; just as it is now
2) RPN, with input buffer; x does NOT copy into y on ENTER; auto T drop disabled
3) RPL, unlimited stack; as you suggest using regs 00-(?)

I also would like to see a constant function that would disable auto drop... y holds the constant 'value' rather than T (but that's me, classic RPN works fine)

Matthias, I think your idea is well thought-out. Thanks for the read.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes I square a number by hitting [x] after ENTER... sometimes I double a value by hitting [+] after ENTER. There are other tricks too; well documented. These are not missed on new generation users who are comfortable with RPL (if Hewlett had thought of RPL, and if he had enough memory in the first place, we wouldn't be having this talk). The idea is maybe more of an 'on the drawing board' idea for 43s?

PS These are the RPN 'style' configuration options for RealCalc on Droid:
1) Unlimited stack, no buffer
2) Unlimited stack, entry buffer
3) Four-level XYZT stack

cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-16-2015 01:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)