41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode
02-12-2015, 07:46 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2015 07:48 PM by Ángel Martin.)
41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode
Recently I started to poke around the I/O Service interrupt, it was long overdue - it is intimidating to say the least - but Rabin Ezra's excellent article ("Direct key Synthetics, DataFile V6 N.3 pg 21-24) provided a great help.

The first practical use has been for the RCL math extensions in the SandMath: the six functions can now be triggered directly from the standard RCL, simply pressing the corresponding arithmetic key (+,-,*,/, ^, Alpha) - a real breeze; no need to have a dedicated launcher or USER mode active since there are no key assignments needed.

I've spent much more time than I anticipated with the I/O Service interrupt - in hindsight it's not surprising, such is the nature of the MCODE beast. It really is a bear to handle, so many possible combinations… not only you need to know the right questions to ask, but also when (i.e. the sequence in which) to ask them!

BTW I think I'm after a nice enhancement: would you see any value in having the calculator display only the significant decimal digits all the time? In other words, like a dynamic FIX setting that would adjust itself depending on the number to show: FIX zero for integers, fix 3 if all digits after the 3rd. are zero… etc. For me the value is in the rule "if you don’t see it, it's not there", but admittedly it isn't more than a cosmetic thing. I have it now 90% perfect, but the remaining 10% is challenging; let me know if you're curious to try it.

'AM

PS. Is this the same as the FIX ALL in the 34S? I must admit I never read that part of the manual...

"To live or die by your own sword one must first learn to wield it aptly."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode - Ángel Martin - 02-12-2015 07:46 PM
RE: 41 MCODE - Dynamic FIX Mode - Dieter - 02-12-2015, 09:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)