Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD
02-24-2015, 07:53 AM
RE: Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD
(02-24-2015 06:00 AM)Bit Wrote:  There's one aspect of this I'm unsure about: proper error handling without xIN/xOUT. Any comments on that?

You have to do something manually. Error handling was very painful when I wrote these.

xIN/xOUT routines can't call back to user code, so we can't use them.
Code in XROM that doesn't use these, forces a four level stack so the stack manipulations for solve and integrate will be problematic -- although a new command or two would fix this. Push-stack-up that depends on the user's setting not the current system's idea. Or an XROM only LocR that allocates registers and saves the stack, or even a single command that does both -- i.e. save the stack and allocate registers and push the stack up 1 or 2 levels.

I don't think there is an easy solution to Walter's desires -- if there was I'd have done it I suspect.

If we're willing to accept a cleared stack instead, making CLSTK use the user's setting and then doing the stack fix up later would be a fair bit easier. At least for everything except solve and integrate.

- Pauli
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD - Paul Dale - 02-24-2015 07:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)