Sub-forum for HP RPL graphing calculators
08-18-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Sub-forum for HP RPL graphing calculators
(08-17-2015 01:04 AM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  Well, I don't think a few more sub-forums would cause fragmentation of the user base

I think it does cause fragmentation. If there was a large volume of posts I'd say subdividing is justified, but at the current volume they should probably consolidate, not divide.
I think the majority of the posts are not programming language-specific, but simply try to resolve a particular problem, which requires: math knowledge, calculator knowledge, some programming language and common sense. Many times a problem is solved in one language and people follow up with ports to other calculators, all in the same thread. Sometimes the solution is presented in a programming language for a different calculator than what the original poster asked, but can be easily ported, etc.
For example, I found quite often there are posts in the HP Prime forum that have interesting math concepts, which users of other calculators/languages might be interested as well. I don't have a Prime but I follow that sub-forum too.
I see the same people writing on all forums, then why divide it?

I agree that the General and the Prime should probably be the only forums. The only reason to split the Prime is because of large volume of posts, not necessarily because of the content being unrelated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sub-forum for HP RPL graphing calculators - Claudio L. - 08-18-2015 07:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)