[34S & 31S] Unique display mode: significant figures
02-08-2015, 07:49 PM
RE: [34S & 31S] Unique display mode: significant figures
I think, this is a useful feature and should be included in the standard configuration.

In fact, it touches one of the items on my (preliminary and still unpublished) list of possible improvements at least in regard to the (optional) suppression of trailing zeros. I was thinking about proposing TZON / TZOFF commands in DECM mode to either enable trailing zeros (as now) or to suppress more than the necessary amount of trailing zeros and right justify the mantisse. Since a new flag for this seemed to be overkill, I thought, it could be combined with flag 33, which is used for LZON / LZOFF already, and just rename these commands RZON / RZOFF ("redundant zeros on/off").

But then I found that on the WP 34S I could achieve what I was missing (on the 48GX and 50g) by combining ALL 0 with ENGOVR. (On the 48GX and 50g I can use STD, but it will default to SCI mode rather than ENG mode for numbers too large or small to fit.) Redundant trailing zeros may still be displayed in FIX mode, but I guess this is what most people want...

Greetings,

Matthias

--
"Programs are poems for computers."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S & 31S] Unique display mode: significant figures - matthiaspaul - 02-08-2015 07:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)