New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited
02-08-2015, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 08:43 PM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited
(02-08-2015 07:01 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  I don't know if this was discussed in old threads already (if so, I haven't found them), but at first glance, Harald's design might seem to be more complicated than necessary ...

... for some reason, when any of use design a circuit, depending on our goals, some of the circuit becomes unnecessary or too complicated. I've done that lots of times.

It would be nice to see Harald's schematic, and have a bit of a theory of operation on the board from his perspective; I'd like to know his thoughts (that might have existed at one time, but I have not seen it). Thanks for reverse engineering the board from the photo! I had not tried to do that yet, although I have seen the photo too... Smile I'd like to play with the board a bit; but I'm still inclined to use the board in the FTDI adapter, if I do that at all. Barry's three wire design with a small phone jack is a very simple tempting idea.

I will compare my PL2303HX boards. I have a couple that actually convert | adapt USB to DB9 RS232 serial connector. I have two of them that only bring Tx, Rx, GND, and Vcc out to plugs for the Arduino board; so the RTS CTS (&c) pins are missing. For all I know they are missing on the DB9 connection too. Thanks for your insights. I'm gonna keep reading and thinking about this.

I needed the flash-box as a project station to get a few dozen of these 30b(s) initially erased | flashed (group project, everyone does not need to build a flashbox) . But, everyone should have their own update cable; and that should be as simple (and inexpensive) as possible, with minimal modification to the 30b housing if possible. At least, that's what I'm thinking now. Should everyone have one of Harald's boards installed? I don't know yet, but others have said yes. Frankly, I don't know where to get one of Harald's boards yet just to play with it a bit... maybe contact him directly ( the doc really doesn't say ).

cheers,
marcus

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Project wp34s micro usb flash cable revisited - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-08-2015 08:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)