Problem calculating an expression with roots
02-01-2015, 11:56 PM
RE: Problem calculating an expression with roots
This, to me, is a problem...:

"Of course it's possible, but it's not a priority. It applies only to very specific expressions that you can do by hand. I did not make my CAS with the objective to solve american schoolbool exercices, because I don't know them. It does not mean I will not adapt, it depends on time constraints and priorities."

A large component of the market target for the Prime appears to be the American school classrooms! Given that the CAS offered by TI & CASIO produce easy to comprehend simplifications, the Prime must do the same in order to compete! Please keep this in mind, otherwise, the good works of Tim and Parisse on CAS will be passed by in the market place by the others. The market does not care about the greater raw ability of the XCAS in the Prime...it gravitates to the friendlier platform. If the greater raw ability of the XCAS, with it's potential to be a friendlier platform to it's target audience isn't taken advantage of, it will all be a waste and a huge shame!

Another area that the answers cry out for clarity is general solutions to differential equations...the plethora of constants that are produced in the answers are awful, and should be addressed!

Please...if attention is given to the readability of answers, intuitive entry interfaces, you will have a successful competitor that will be around long enough to then add all of the neat mathematical powers that will be exclusive to the Prime.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem calculating an expression with roots - lrdheat - 02-01-2015 11:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)