WP34s Repurposing Journey PhotoJournal
01-28-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: WP34s Repurposing Journey PhotoJournal
Well, today I have a functional flash-box, albeit rudimentary at this point. It doesn't have its power-supply regulator yet, nor flops, nor lights (so no bells and whistles yet) but its on its way; it talks to the 30b, and theoretically will facilitate a successful flash; I'm stuck for the moment because my Dynex USB -> Serial TTL converter does not appear to work with MySamba. I get the message 'unable to connect' even though the comm link is working, loop-back works, and erase, power-on reset is working fine. The unit will turn on and off (as testing indicates) but its a paper weight until my FTDI unit gets here. The view of my flash-box is from the rear; the box triples as working platform making it easy to get to the power button, facilitates flashing, and becomes the carrying storage case for the cables, clip, spare batteries, &c.

[Image: flashbox.png]

I'm mounting everything in a cigar box (a lot of my projects end up in those) because they are easy to work with, and because they are cheap.

This unit will either have an LM117, or a D cell battery pack... haven't decided yet. So, still to make the lights work, provide power from the PC, get the buttons working with flops, and mount the cradle that will hold the 30b atop the flash-box.

[Image: cigarbox.png]

So, for the moment I have a paper weight that will power-on and power-off ! :-}

On the brighter side, the overlays are here (and look great) and I've had a few hours to hone my soldering skills before I take a crack at the crystals and caps.

Cheers,
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34s Repurposing Journey PhotoJournal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 01-28-2015 03:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)