HP 50G or HP Prime for daughter to learn?
01-21-2015, 07:41 AM
HP 50G or HP Prime for daughter to learn?
New forums look great! It's been way too long since I was on here, and I had to re-register of course.

My daughter is getting into algebra and I think it's finally time to do what my dad did for me years ago: get her an HP calculator to start using and to grow with.
I'm asking for your advice because my wife and I are pretty much teaching her math, as it wasn't going so well with the public school math curriculum. Things are improving, she is showing interest, and I want to keep it that way!

I'm a bit torn between getting her a new 50G (or even an old school HP48G/+/X that I would at least know the basics to show her), or biting the bullet and getting a Prime for each of us to learn from scratch.

As some of you know, at one time I had a collection of the 48SX, 48G, 48GX, 48II, 49, 49+, and 50G. My favorite of all was the 48G/GX, but I guess I'm kind of a sucker for "old school quality feel" like that.
I haven't used a Prime yet. Things took a big turn for us about the time the Prime was coming out. Doing much better now, and I'm slowly returning to these things. Feels good to be back.

Thanks for any feedback on this!
Sincerely,
Jed
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 50G or HP Prime for daughter to learn? - Jedidiah Smith - 01-21-2015 07:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)