HP 35s firmware defect confirmation
01-22-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: HP 35s firmware defect confirmation
(01-21-2015 07:44 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  I tend to agree completely. I honestly think that the answer to the apparent continued new sales (and I too was surprised) is the FE and PE exam in the United States. The HP35s is the most powerful calc permitted on the exam (at least through 2015) and *only* one of two programable calcs permitted on the exam at all (the other being the 33s predecessor).

Yes, the FE/PE/PS test factor probably helps the 35s sales quite a bit, although I expect that to diminish as RPN users die off.

(01-21-2015 07:44 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  ... I'm thinking the new model should be ARMed, and have a three line display for pretty print like the fx115; but of course be RPN and programable. I think there is a market for it considering the FE and PE.

Sounds great, but again, is the potential market worth it to HP? And even if they made a new model, to keep the NCEES approval for use on FE/PE/PS tests, it would not be allowed to have communication capability. This was considered one of the greatest weakness of the 35s.

(01-21-2015 07:44 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  Thanks for your response. Nice to meet you; have a great day !
Smile

You are welcome, nice to meet you too.

Dave - My mind is going - I can feel it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 35s firmware defect confirmation - Jeff O. - 01-22-2015 01:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)