Vintage radioactive wrist watches - Is Radium really nasty?
01-23-2015, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-23-2015 09:04 PM by Manolo Sobrino.)
RE: Vintage radioactive wrist watches - Is Radium really nasty?
(01-23-2015 05:24 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  @Manolo, are you a radiobiologist? Thanks for your nice summary on ionizing radiation and quality factors. It's been a long time (late 90th) since I worked at the University Clinics of Essen in this field. Spent the most interesting years there :-).

Nope, physicist here Wink. Now doing theory, but I miss all that.

I recommended Turner's book, because that was our text on Radiophysics and Radiation Protection along with Johns and Cunningham and it's a good easy introduction (more for radiobiologists really). Experimentalists bible really is Leo. I like Tsoulfanidis a lot and also the old book from Price. Knoll is good for the obscure stuff, as the Siegbahn ones. I've seen a couple of newer books that look good, but haven't used them. Of course, nothing beats having access to the outrageously expensive hardware and making proper oh-****-those-data-are-just-garbage mistakes... Yeah, interesting sums it up neatly Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vintage radioactive wrist watches - Is Radium really nasty? - Manolo Sobrino - 01-23-2015 07:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)