programming - excessive compile time (Check and Esc)
01-13-2015, 05:05 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015 05:08 AM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: programming - excessive compile time (Check and Esc)
I'd be interested in having a copy of your source/big spreadsheet for potential checking of this. If you are willing, sending it to timwessman 2 hp.com in a zip could be helpful. While there is nothing that jumps out as what might be causing an issue, perhaps low memory conditions might be coming in to play somehow.

That being said, we've done some pretty ridiculously large things and it has never been more then a fraction of a second so I am quite curious to see what is going on.

The Prime does not do a full boot normally. When you power off then on, what is actually happening is just a "sleep" where the screen turns off and everything goes into low power. The RAM however remains the same. Depending on what you are doing it is possible the memory gets thrashed and that could potentially cause lots of slowdows you report.

When a full boot happens that is when the large HP logo shows up from the circle graph. If you want to reboot the calculator, press and hold ON, then click SYMB and release it, then release ON. That will restart the system from the beginning. If everything speeds up, then it is possible memory type issues could be happening.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: programming - excessive compile time (Check and Esc) - Tim Wessman - 01-13-2015 05:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)