Creating an equation library (Updated 03-FEB-2017)
01-10-2015, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2015 06:50 PM by akmon.)
RE: Creating an equation library (updated)
Hello Han. Your Project is very interesting, and believe me, I was thinking of programming something similar to Solvesys. In my case using a process to extract the variables of the equations, avoiding to make a variable list, excepting if you deliberately insert a list explaining its purpose, like your example. So it´s a good idea to extract them automatically, as you wrote. Don´t know if there is a command like TVARS on HP 49 to get the variables of a formula.

By the way, I cannot find the solutions on you examples in my emulator. After inserting values a Box appears saying: no solutions or infinite solutions, and then time value returns to 0. I´ll try on my physical calculator.

Another suggestion, the possibility to go back to the formula menu from the variable menu.

And finally, fsolve Works better than solve App, let´s see if it behaves well with more examples. With this update (6975), I managed to solve a system of equations using fsolve where solve App couldn´t.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating an equation library - Han - 01-10-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: Creating an equation library (updated) - akmon - 01-10-2015 06:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)