A newcomer from France (edited)
01-06-2015, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 06:54 PM by Mark.)
A newcomer from France (edited)
Hello, and a happy new year to everyone,

As a newly registered member, I would like to introduce myself : I have been visiting the HP museum since 1996, regularly peeking at the forum. To say the least, reading you all is very instructive, I learn a lot.

I've been working in the field of embedded electronics and real-time systems for 15 years, and switched to IT security (less exciting to me) some years ago.

Some of my hobbies are centered around old scientific and measurement equipment, tube / transistor radios, 8-bit processors (presently working on a 6502-based desk calculator) and of course, speaking about calculators : I collect them.

Edit : I forgot to mention that HP calculators are special to me : the first I got was a broken -and quickly fixed- 21, and the last one I bought was a 15C LE...

I began almost 35 years ago, starting with electronic machines, going on with mechanical devices and slide rules. What a lot of fun... I did some mistakes also, they're part of the learning process.

In advance, please forgive me : I'll probably be more a reader than a contributor... but whatever I can contribute to, it'll be a pleasure ! My only problem is, as for many of us, time :-)

Regards,
Marc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
A newcomer from France (edited) - Mark - 01-06-2015 06:44 PM
RE: A newcomer from France (edited) - Mark - 01-06-2015, 08:42 PM
RE: A newcomer from France (edited) - Mark - 01-06-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: A newcomer from France (edited) - Mark - 01-07-2015, 06:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)