Poll: What's your favorite 43S layout?
This poll is closed.
a) 11.94% 8 11.94%
b) 80.60% 54 80.60%
c) 7.46% 5 7.46%
Total 67 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A poll again, concerning the 43S (again)
01-05-2015, 10:10 AM
RE: A poll again, concerning the 43S (again)
(01-05-2015 02:21 AM)brouhaha Wrote:  Frankly I could not care less whether the vast majority of high school students are interested in the calculators I design or not, because they aren't going to buy a $300 calculator no matter what the position and order of the operator keys is.

Yap.
Competing against the big names like CASIO and TEXAS is not easy at all.
Even HP struggles to maintain its position in the calculator market against them.

This is a really nice project, and I'm whiling to acquire one of these new and unique machines as long as I can find funds to pay that large amount of money on the hardware alone...

Somehow I was expecting hardware to cost way to much less these days.
But as it has been already explained a few times in other posts, there are other more important factors contributing to the final price (FCC issues, case and keys manufacturing, ...).

If I acquire one 43S it will be just for the fun of having a kind of prototype machine in my collection, inspired on the big HP calculator era.
I do not need calculators on my work, as for that I use computers.

So, as a collector, it doesn't really matter what keyboard layout will be used. In fact, the weirder the better from a collector point of view Smile
But option B is nice, if option D is not an option.

Let's wait and see the outcome.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Poll results - walter b - 01-10-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: A poll again, concerning the 43S (again) - jebem - 01-05-2015 10:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)