Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display
03-19-2015, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2015 06:46 PM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display
(12-09-2014 11:13 AM)walter b Wrote:  At the bottom line, layouting keyboards is fun (and graphic output makes your readers / viewers sharing it) though the real fun and satisfaction comes with a real platform IMHO. AFAICS, such a platform is missing for a landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display.

It won't be missing for long, bubba; my commitment to myself.

I saw the pattern over and time again, when I worked with IBM; particularly among 'managers' and the like-- others who live to please them... and that is interface vs. infrastructure. [ Interface vs. Infrastructure ]

Managers and marketing reps want to see the interface... if you've got one, they're interested in additional funding maybe, if you don't have one they call the who thing vapor-ware and want to fire (sack in the U.K.) you!

The 'important' piece of the project is NOT the interface. I'll restate it for the hard of seeing--- interfaces are a dime a dozen and NONE of them are going to calculate anything!

The 'important' piece of the project is the infrastructure. The infrastructure of a calculator is more complex and more difficult (from an engineering standpoint) than most people realize, while they are making up their keyboard layouts (interface). Barry asked me what my thoughts are for key labels. Actually, I had not given key labels any thought at all... there is more than enough time for that! I want the right infrastructure, and I want it to be solid, quality, and durable.

Think about infrastructure vs. interface. Which is more important to you?

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display - MarkHaysHarris777 - 03-19-2015 06:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)