Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display
12-16-2014, 02:33 AM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2014 03:29 AM by Joseph_21sv.)
RE: Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display
(12-14-2014 11:33 PM)walter b Wrote:  Please tell me the models you refer to — I doubt they are in production still. This is crucial since only a calculator being in production (or otherwise easily available) can be a platform or basis for repurposing. And I should have mentioned that when I speak of calculators I mean pocket calculators like the Voyagers were or the WP 34S is (yes, I know the latter isn't landscape format).

d:-?

The pocket calculators are:
Casio fx-5500, fx-7500G, FC-1000
TI-62 Galaxy, TI-66, TI-67 Galaxy
I presume they are all discontinued—published data on their production runs is conspicuously spotty—but not prohibitively rare. Except for the Casio fx-5500, they have few or no awkwardly small keys on their keypads. However, they all have firmware (presumably) in one-time programmable ROM, so they need to have their microcontrollers replaced entirely in order to be repurposed if you do manage to find them in good enough working order to be repurposed. As for the WP-34S/HP 30b, since it has an alphanumeric display, would landscape formatted hardware for it be such an outrageous idea? After all, Rick Furr, who curates vcalc.net is effectively wishing for HP to landscape format the 32SII and 33S.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display - Joseph_21sv - 12-16-2014 02:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)