Bug? accessing LOCAL var in shared scope
11-26-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: Bug? accessing LOCAL var in shared scope
Hi Cyrille,

Thank you for your explanation about Home and CAS variables.
You write about; general rule, CAS/Home share functions, mixed cases, some exceptions, most mixed case functions, app/main functions, etc.

I have read more threads about Home/CAS functions/commands. I think it is still confusing, specially for me.
My question is; which of ALL functions are specially for Home, which are for CAS, which are the same for Home and CAS and what are the exceptions?

As an example:
SIN for Home and sin for CAS.
In the catalog you can only select SIN in uppercase and not in lowercase. My simple conclusion is that SIN in uppercase is a Home function, but you can also use it in CAS but you must type in lowercase and that is not selectable in the catalog.
Proposal:
Don't use a general rule but use a straight forward rule with no exceptions; everything in uppercase are Home functions and everything in lowercase are CAS functions.
So, implement in the catalog also sin in lowercase, do this for all other (shared) functions.
Do it consistently/logically, then you have never questions about which are Home and CAS functions (I hope).
Implement also other hidden functions in the catalog.

Thanks!

— Dirk Hartland
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bug? accessing LOCAL var in shared scope - Dirk.nl - 11-26-2015 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)