HP 41 Keyboard Overlays available finally!
01-15-2021, 02:08 PM
RE: HP 41 Keyboard Overlays available finally!
(01-15-2021 12:00 PM)PeterP Wrote:  I was wondering if anyone is aware of a PPC and/or Paname Overlay every being designed originally? Similarly, I was wondering about a HEPAX and W&W Rambox Overlay.

The ROM Editor overlay available in Michael's set of available overlays is for the HEXEDIT program from the HEPAX module, but otherwise I've never seen any of these.

I vaguely recall someone describing one for the PANAME module (in a CHHU or HPX issue?) but never had one of those so didn't pursue it.

Jake and some other PPC members created the blank paper overlays you've probably seen, which were often used by members for various PPC ROM routines, but everyone used the huge number of routines differently so there was no layout which was universally needed. Also, many (most?) of the PPC ROM routines were 'building block' kinds of things, intended to be built into applications which would more than likely have ended up on someone's overlay. I also recall a discussion to make a PPC ROM overlay to be used solely during program editing to ease typing-in the routine names while creating/entering programs, but their short 2-character names ultimately made it seem not justified.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 71 Overlays - Dave Frederickson - 03-11-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: HP 41 Keyboard Overlays available finally! - rprosperi - 01-15-2021 02:08 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)