[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
11-29-2014, 01:56 AM
[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users
Unless someone has a better or more updated idea, I am planning to fabricate a cable starting with Katie Wasserman's detailed instructions documented here: Homemade ARM-based Calculator Programming Cable (thanks Katie!).

Next, I want to figure out a way to use a Mac to flash the WP-34S. What I do have is a serial port adapter and communication software that I routinely use to store backups of my HP-48GX, so there has to be a way to do it.

Does anyone have any updated information on such a project? I knew what I was getting into when I bought the WP-34S and never planned to flash it myself, but it's just too cool a device not to play with. Any advice or words of encouragement welcome.

Also, I presume HP's original serial programming cable has become so scarce it's not even worth looking for one, or am I wrong about that? I'm not sure what to look for or even what its correct name is. I know about Harald Pott's USB board, but I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible, without further modifications to the calculator's hardware.

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[WP-34S] Cable and flashing options for Mac users - John Galt - 11-29-2014 01:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)