Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother?
02-10-2015, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 12:44 PM by jhl.)
RE: Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother?
Thank you for all the useful information! I'm waiting on a dead мк-52 -- which will hopefully just be the PSU too...

I got curious and had a dig through the schematics looking at the IO ports, thinking it might be entertaining to hook something up to the poor thing. XS3 looks like a straight-up read only ROM bus (assuming the вио line on pin 9 is to disable the built-in EEPROM - does anyone know what that's short for?)

I had thought the other port was for controlling external gadgets in a similar fashion to the мк-64. Indeed, the serial data loop runs to that port. But it has three lines to set clear/write mode, and it's also got a line to all the serial data devices *except* the EEPROM controller via си (sync line) - it looks like that port is designed to talk to the EEPROM controller directly and bypass the rest; it can even feed power in to the +5 input, suggesting it's a factory test/programming port.

Does anyone know if there were any IO peripherals for the -52? I can't find anything in English. As it stands it looks like output is only possible by sniffing the serial bus or sequencing reads to the ROM port.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother? - jhl - 02-10-2015 10:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)