Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother?
01-24-2020, 07:32 PM
RE: Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother?
OK, bumping a really old thread here, but I just learned about these, and purchased one through "a certain popular auction site".

It seems to generally work, but it does have 2 issues that I am contemplating on attempting to repair:

1. The keyboard foam has gone flat. The keys all work fine, but at rest, all are crooked, and the keyboard has no "feel". I purchased some thin insulation that is meant for insulation around a window air conditioner installation. I will cut to size, poke holes, and try it. If anyone has a better suggestion of what to use, I am certainly willing to hear it.

2. There is something wrong with the EEPROM. If I save a program, and then recall it, it is generally correct, but functions that are represented by larger code values change. For Exampe: 4A X->N(a) may become 5B when the program is re-read from EEPROM. (not sure it is exactly those values. I'm too lazy to determine exacty what bit(s) are flipping)

I figure the 3 most likely causes are: -- Improper Write Voltage from the power supply -- Bad solder or broken path(s) near the EEPROM -- Bad EEPROM chip.

I'm pretty sure the bit errors are always the same, so I guess this reduces the likelyhood that it is a Write Voltage problem.

It has the seal on the screw, but to fix the above, I guess I will have to remove the seal.

I expirienced at replacing old caps, since I also work on vintage tube audio equipment -- which pretty much means -- I replace bad caps.

The Transformer in the AC adapter does seem to have another primary tap. Does anyone know if this can be used to make it work with 110V - 120V?

If not, I plan to cut the wire off of the AC adapter, and attach a USB connector to the adapter end of the wire, thus making a USB power cable.

Lastly, I have written a simple proggie to roll a dice using a super simple implementation of a "Middle Squares" psuedo random number generator, which creates seeds for the internal psuedo random number generator.

Willing to share here if there is any interest.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Elektronika MK-52: The MK-61 big brother? - linuxslate.com - 01-24-2020 07:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)