HP Prime Hardware (internal and external)
09-23-2014, 03:42 PM
RE: HP Prime Hardware (internal and external)
If you mean 'BUZZ100', probably a piezoelectric buzzer. Do you see anything on the board that could drive a speaker? Would a teacher want students to have that 'feature'?

BTW, there sure are a lot of vacant solder-pads on the board. For testing? Expansion?

I have to constantly remind myself--despite the power of the Prime--that the era of the calculator as the working tool for engineers and scientists has given way to larger, even more powerful devices. That the mission of the Prime (as seen by HP, I think) is to serve students in an educational setting. Hence, the ability for the instructor to 'wipe' the memory or impose restrictions on the functions that may be used.

I could envision a 'Pro' model of the Prime: free of 'test-taking' restrictions with some better I/O so that real data could be transferred or accessed quickly, perhaps over wireless connections. Imagine a Prime with a real-time feed of investment data and a stochastic trading model in the hands of someone who knew how to use it? Hmmmm . . .
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Prime Hardware (internal and external) - dbbotkin - 09-23-2014 03:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)