To the participants of HHC 2014 (fate of HP-30b)
09-19-2014, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2014 11:39 AM by walter b.)
RE: To the participants of HHC 2014 (fate of HP-30b)
Andreas,

I just recalled what Pauli stated earlier this year.* I don't find his post right now, may be easier for him.

Background: I can do a lot in advance regarding the UI - Pauli and Marcus have to wait for the real HW. Keyboard layout, font design, screenshots, etc. can all be armchair decisions and designs; in fact they started ten months ago with the first publication on the forum. But not a single line of our new code was run on a reptile so far and I don't expect reptiles in my mailbox very soon (but would be delighted if I'd find one). Please also remember it's a hobbyist's project again, luckily none of us can devote more than his spare time to the WP 43S. And since we aren't employed by the Ministry of Witchcraft and Wizardry we must take the pedestrian's approach again. Hope this explains why I wouldn't call excluding 2015 defeatist but realistic (with a tendency to optimistic looking at a launch in 2016).

d:-/

* Addendum: E.g. here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: To the participants of HHC 2014 (fate of HP-30b) - walter b - 09-19-2014 06:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)