Mulling over a potential Pioneer key repair approach
09-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Mulling over a potential Pioneer key repair approach
I've got a 32SII that's in pretty good condition, except some of the plastic hinges that hold the keys to the keyboard "skeleton" are broken. This leaves a couple of digit and operator keys that are pretty awful to use, as they float around and rock back and forth over the dome switch beneath.

Theoretically, could I take a cheap 10B, open it up, carve out that entire section of the keyboard (digits and four main operators), drop it into the 32SII (after similar key-removal surgery), and expect it to feel and function anywhere near ideally? I know the R/S key would be mislabeled as =, but I could either doctor it up, or just ignore it.

I'm familiar with the pitfalls of opening up Pioneers - or rather reassembling them afterward. Just curious if anybody has tried this kind of repair and what the results were before I go carving up my calcs.

I've also got a 32S with a keyboard that's in pretty good condition as far as the plastics are concerned, but with a few of the domes under the keys getting pretty mushy. Might also see if I can transplant the dome switch sheet from the 10B if I end up chop-shopping it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mulling over a potential Pioneer key repair approach - Dave Britten - 09-03-2014 05:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)