Matrix
08-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Matrix
I don't know if this is the proper use of matrixes, but I put six vectors in one matrix and just wanted to sum the results by column instead of creating six vectors and summing them individually. Is there anyway to just sum the columns?? I could not find anything in the 616 page manual dealing with this.

also in terms of making the HP Prime more user friendly, HP needs more useful Error messages. Example: I tried to store a matrix under the name 'A' but got an error message, “Error: Bad argument type,” which means nothing to me other than I made a mistake. I read the manual, I tried a plain A, I tried an A within single quote marks, I tried another letter. Nothing worked until I tried using 2 (TWO) alphanumeric symbols, then I was able to store the vector. Nowhere, that I could find, in the manual does it said that two or more symbols are required to store a matrix. A useful message would be “Error: naming matrixes requires two or more alphanumeric symbols,” which would save the user twenty minutes of frustration.

Is there any symbol one can use to speed up the entry of dot and cross products, another than what is given in the manual, ie DOT(,), CROSS(,)???

If I make a mistake and add another row to a vector and then delete that mistake so that I only have one row and then store that vector, it gets stored as a matrix and I can not use that vector for any further vector analysis. I then have to start all over again rewriting that vector saving it to over write the prior saved vector/matrix. It seems to me that this is a bug, one row should be saved as a vector not a matrix, even though one made a mistake upon entry.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Matrix - resolved - 08-06-2014 11:21 PM
RE: Matrix - parisse - 08-07-2014, 07:04 AM
RE: Matrix - dbbotkin - 10-20-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: Matrix - resolved - 10-15-2014, 02:08 AM
RE: Matrix - resolved - 10-17-2014, 03:43 AM
RE: Matrix - parisse - 10-20-2014, 06:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)