HP Calculator Applications in the Workplace
07-14-2014, 03:21 AM
RE: HP Calculator Applications in the Workplace
(07-12-2014 02:42 PM)SEasterling Wrote:  every time I find the need to use my HP calc beyond the basic use as a scientific calculator, I always end up using the PC for many reasons. ... So I'm wondering what some of you are using your HP for in a non-academic environment that goes beyond basic scientific calculations (besides civil engineering).

Little to none. I've written a few programs and solver setups in the interest of just using my calculators. However, it was just a case of a solution looking for a problem. Day to day I use programs that I have written (data sets too large for a calculator) or Excel. And even though the Mac has an RPN calculator built-in, I use a command line RPN calculator for quick math (its quicker than grabbing one of the four calculators off my desk, and I can cut/paste inputs/outputs).

Personally, I use i41CX as my primary calculator since I have my iPhone with me all the time. I also use the 12C for TVM (very convenient), and lastly I still use my 16C for assembly programming.

(07-12-2014 02:42 PM)SEasterling Wrote:  As a side note, I recall in college we were encouraged to use Mathematica to solve systems of equations in my PDE class and calculators were not even up to the task for that. (Can the Prime challenge Mathematica now for the academic crowd?)

No.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP Calculator Applications in the Workplace - Egan Ford - 07-14-2014 03:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)