TDS COOP-41 surveyor interface
07-11-2014, 04:43 AM
RE: TDS COOP-41 surveyor interface
TW:
If you ask the seller and get the cable number i might be able to tell you what instrument it is for. The number will look something like: Cxxx001A. Even then, we may not know all the ones it will work with. I remember some topcon and leitz being able to share cables too.
The unit you may bid on is the battery and RAM case. the 41 could and did contain more modules. the TDS had surveying and plotter modules. The road stake / instrument modules each contained a different alignment /offset & random points routine with slope staking.... along with capabilities for a few instruments per ROM. I know TDS would do several instruments each of Nikon, Topcon, Kern, Lietz and Pentax. I believe they would also do Wild. Strangely; I never saw a ROM for the HP 3810B or 3820. I remember one Geodometer that would record only point number, descriptor and (senior moment here) either distance or maybe angle only, but not both. Probably distance.

These ROMs told the unit in the auction what code to use for the gun it was hooked up to. So to answer your question: yes it will, but:
the pinout of the plug will be proprietary, the plug will be rare, you'll have to tell it how to talk with whatever you want to talk with unless you have the right ROM, and one mistake and you'll blow it up. Otherwise, it's a fine play Mrs Lincoln.

I liked these and used them. They were just short of magic when they came out. I just preferred D'Zign Software in operation on the 41.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
TDS COOP-41 surveyor interface - twdeckard - 07-11-2014, 02:48 AM
RE: TDS COOP-41 surveyor interface - d b - 07-11-2014 04:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)