advice on doing videos of calculator operations
07-09-2014, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 08:50 PM by Dieter.)
RE: advice on doing videos of calculator operations
(07-09-2014 05:35 PM)Don Shepherd Wrote:  Thanks Dieter. Actually, I do own a very good tripod, the Veblon VS-3,

Unbelievable – a Velbon VS-3 from the late Seventies. ;-) At that time a friend of mine used a DS-3 (essentially the same model with a geared center column).

The original VS-3 had a center column that could be used in a horizontal position. This would be quite useful in your case. However there seems to be a current tripod with the same name. Maybe you refer to this one.

Quote:My camera is a small digital, Fujifilm Finepix S8200 series.

?!? In your initial post you said you are going to use a DSLR ?!

Quote:It is rather compact and I thought it would work well with this stand. Some reviewers say you need a shutter release when using the stand, but I imagine that advice is for still pix, not videos, which is what I am doing.

You may start the camera a few seconds earlier and wait until the vibrations are gone. Later this part can be removed from the final video.

Stability still can be an issue if you press buttons on the calculator resting on the base of the copy stand. This may be visible in the video.

Quote:Yeah, I know to lock-in the focus

Be sure to lock the exposure as well.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: advice on doing videos of calculator operations - Dieter - 07-09-2014 08:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)