Lin-Bairstow algorithm for Polynomial Roots
02-16-2022, 12:56 PM
Lin-Bairstow algorithm for Polynomial Roots
I have posted an HP41C implementation for the Lin-Bairstow algorithm that finds real and complex roots for real-coefficient polynomials. The program assumes that the current SIZE in the HP-41C is 100. The program has the following features:

1. The program handles polynomials up to order 19.
2. The program uses a default input scheme. The default input for coefficient A(0) is 1. The program stores any new input for the current coefficient A(i) as the default input for the next coefficient A(i+1). To use the default input value, simply press R/S key when prompted to enter the value of a polynomial coefficient.

The Excel .CSV and .XLSX files that I posted on my web site include the listing, registers table, and instructions. The .XLSX has color formatting of the code. Since the program is close to 400 steps, I am also including a .RAW file that you can load on the HP-41CX emulator that is available from TOS. This will save you a lot of time to input the listing and check the code.

To download the .CSV file click here. To download the .XLSX file click here. To download the .RAW file click here.

Enjoy!

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lin-Bairstow algorithm for Polynomial Roots - Namir - 02-16-2022 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)