Real Calc vs Emulator - My Experience
11-24-2021, 03:27 PM
RE: Real Calc vs Emulator - My Experience
Working at a desk most of the time, I prefer real calculators. There's no "additional device to carry", just something else sitting on my desk.
My phone is also on my desk but just having to switch apps is a waste of time. Most of the time my phone is working as a phone (shocking), calls and texts only. On my desk I also have a PC with the email client always open, so I prefer emails on the PC and not on the phone. I do have all my email accounts on the phone, just don't look at them there, and I have calculator apps on my phone, but I reach for the real thing.

For the calculator, I just want to grab it, crunch the numbers and move on. Using an emulator on a PC is a similar experience: even with dual screens, switching apps is a waste of time just to use the calculator. I'd rather use the real thing. I do agree some time could be saved by doing copy/paste of numbers directly into whatever I'm working on, but that need is not very frequent, and because the number wouldn't come out formatted the way I need it, it's just as quick to type it rather than copy/paste then edit to round and format properly.

I guess a separate android device that's always on the calculator app would work too, but you lose the feel of the real keyboard.

That's my use case, of course field use would turn those priorities completely upside down.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Real Calc vs Emulator - My Experience - Claudio L. - 11-24-2021 03:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)