Yet another HP simulator (using C + X11)
10-18-2021, 11:48 PM
RE: Yet another HP simulator (using C + X11)
(10-18-2021 11:08 PM)Mike T. Wrote:  I've finally been able to add simulators for the HP31. HP32 and HP33C, which means I've finally completed the goals I set myself when I started this project way back in 2013 (see old article).

In the end I gave up trying to use a decimal arithmetic library and GTK2 and eventually opted for the much more ambitions goal of simulating the actual hardware as it was just too hard to get a modern decimal math library to compile on VMS or Tru64 UNIX (a retro project needs to be properly retro so being able to run the simulator on these platforms was one of my goals).

Fortunately there is a LOT more information available now than when I started and thanks to that and some encouragement I've actually done it. There are a couple issues I need to sort but basically it works!

Hopefully I will be able to add the HP34 to my collection as well, however a bit of a major keyboard/button redesign is needed to accommodate all those labels. I might even be able to add one of the Voyagers like the HP10C, if the processor is not too different - more research needed!

Thanks again to everyone that helped me get this far - I'm still pinching myself.

Bravo!

Hope you can get the HP34c working. It was my first HP calculator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Yet another HP simulator (using C + X11) - agarza - 10-18-2021 11:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)