Any way to solve parametric inequations?
09-12-2021, 11:42 PM
RE: Any way to solve parametric inequations?
(09-07-2021 09:48 PM)dah145 Wrote:  
(09-05-2021 04:30 PM)jte Wrote:  I’m guessing this question might have been mooted because it pertains to a more complex / general use of the solve function — i.e., that the particular inequality given is not of direct interest (that the solve function is playing a part in a larger mathematical inquiry — a use of it is embedded in a larger CAS program, for example — or, perhaps, there is an interest in better understanding the CAS).

But, if not — if xy/(x+y)^2≤0, for integer x and y, is the object of direct interest — a related plot can be brought up in the Advanced Graphing app.

Yes, the Advanced Graphing app (which I think is the best thing about anything relating to the Prime) provides a great way to study these kind of inequations.

Has anyone ever told you that flattery will get you everywhere in life? Wink I’m glad you appreciate the Advanced Graphing app. Thanks!

That said, there are definitely some shortcomings in the Advanced Graphing app that I’d like to address / improvements that I’d like to make. Just earlier today I was playing around with some graphs — plotting n that can be expressed as a sum of powers of two integers (n = a^k + b^k; I was inspired by https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13468.html) — and naturally came across graphs which could be better plotted… The changes I’ve thought of making to the Advanced Graphing app in the near term, though, involve more common uses of the app.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any way to solve parametric inequations? - jte - 09-12-2021 11:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)