HP 82143A printer repair questions
08-10-2021, 01:56 PM
HP 82143A printer repair questions
Hi -
It was recommended that I post on this site for answers to some questions regarding questions for my printer.

Question #1:
I am trying to find some detailed information regarding a substitute for the flex-cable removal tool (HP T-190579). I see where others have used a thin, stiff, cardboard, etc. in an attempt to duplicate the behavior of the original tool. I haven't been so lucky. Does anyone have more details on the required thickness for the tool to work correctly?

Question #2:
I would appreciate some tips on replacing the rubber roller tires for the paper advance assy. A fellow member has given me a source of square O rings that appear to be acceptable. I am curious if they need to be adhered to the shaft with adhesive or if the friction fit will be sufficient? I've also noted that I believe the original HP rubber pinch tires had an internal groove to slip over the positioning feature molded into the roller assy (see photo). It appears to me that these need to be removed. Any advice regarding this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 82143A printer repair questions - rfdes - 08-10-2021 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)