Undocummented (?) limits for the HP50g
08-03-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: Undocummented (?) limits for the HP50g
Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like I can do what I need. Binary integers are secondary (I have a good workaround for a shift-register sequence using just lists). IQUOT and IREMANDER passed my tests so I can use them. MAX and MIN seem to work but Isorting failed in some cases (not as important). I try to do everything using big integers. I just have to keep the system from switching out of these (not too hard.)

I like the HP50G for these things because of the built-in POWMOD (though the results are not the same as MOD; POWMOD returns results symmetric about 0 but this is easily fixed.) FACTORS is nice so I can develop quadratic residues and primitive roots for primes of various types. (I built some wheels for searching; these are sieves with some pre-masking.)

I'm building a Random Number Generator Generator; it's not designed for cryptography but it should be OK for high accuracy other stuff. I haven't looked at this stuff in years as I concentrated on quasi-Random sequences; these are enough different that I need high-quality quasi-random generators too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Undocummented (?) limits for the HP50g - ttw - 08-03-2021 12:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)