"ZENROM + 2 Memory Modules" in single X-Memory module
03-04-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: "ZENROM + 2 Memory Modules" in single X-Memory module
I recall (vaguely) a good article in the PPC Journal (I think) that was a great reference for where everything was locatable in regards to HP41 modules and how the addressing scheme worked.

Seems like a Time module could be in any port and wired to appear to the processor as though it were in any other port (maybe that applied to all modules?) there was a rule about where Extended Memory modules could go, or you had to observe that rule if they were de-cased and wired inside the calculator housing, certain modules had the same ROM numbers but I don't recall how you knew before hand which combos were bad (this was important if you wanted to put 2 ROMs in the same housing).

I'm looking through the archives here, but it is so easy distracted and wind up reading some very interesting, but not what I had actually started out looking for in the first place.

2speed HP41CX,int2XMEM+ZEN, HPIL+DEVEL, HPIL+X/IO, I/R, 82143, 82163, 82162 -25,35,45,55,65,67,70,80
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "ZENROM + 2 Memory Modules" in single X-Memory module - TASP - 03-04-2015 12:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)