Python: Mandelbrot explorer 0.9 now save and resume update Jan 23 /2022
08-15-2021, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2021 07:48 PM by Guenter Schink.)
RE: Python: Mandelbrot explorer now interactive update 15.08.2021
(08-15-2021 06:44 PM)jte Wrote:  One interesting thing I noticed is that, when doing more complex plots, I have to intentionally hold down my finger until the display stops updating (and then release it) in order to get a zoom. From looking at the Python source, I'm thinking this is due to checking for touch events once per line (and that quick taps may entirely happen in the middle of rendering one row). This may well be an acceptable efficiency trade-off (to checking more often; I didn't try changing the code). The presence of "ClearMouseBuffer()" made me think perhaps it would take a couple of rows for just-the-right mouse event to show up, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Yes, you're right. At first I used this program on a G2, where this problem only occasionally pops up. But on the G1 it's more discernible. Checking for touch or key at each pixel has a significant cost in time. Therefore I believe its a matter of getting accustomed to the need of a more determined Smile touch. But it should suffice to let the finger for about a second (say "twenty one") on the screen, worked for me on the G1. It usually also works this way with the keys.

edit: Just tested the G1 to have the touch and key checked at each round of "x" in the first and second pass only. That has a lesser draw back in time. The initial screen only needs 4 seconds more, ~33.5 instead of ~29.5, well that could be acceptable. And is immediately more responsive. If you wish to give it a try, simply adjust the respective indentations. /edit

Unfortunately the G1 is much slower, ~3-times, than the G2. But the Virtual Prime is an alternative for excessive explorations.

Günter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Python: Mandelbrot explorer now interactive update 15.08.2021 - Guenter Schink - 08-15-2021 07:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)