Python: Mandelbrot explorer 0.9 now save and resume update Jan 23 /2022
08-15-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Python: Mandelbrot explorer now interactive update 15.08.2021
(08-15-2021 11:36 AM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  
(08-15-2021 06:10 AM)jte Wrote:  
Nice update Smile

I didn't have success transferring the app to the calc using the Connectivity Kit
Arghh... my fault. Instead of zipping the directory of
"MandelExpl.hpappdir" I only zipped the contents of this directory and that of course is not understood by the connectivity kit.

I've updated the zip-file.

That did the trick! Smile I've now got Mandelbrot Explorer ver. 0.8 on two of my G1 calcs.

Quote:
Sorry for any inconvenience Smile

No problem at all! I've had fun playing around with the new version this morning.

One interesting thing I noticed is that, when doing more complex plots, I have to intentionally hold down my finger until the display stops updating (and then release it) in order to get a zoom. From looking at the Python source, I'm thinking this is due to checking for touch events once per line (and that quick taps may entirely happen in the middle of rendering one row). This may well be an acceptable efficiency trade-off (to checking more often; I didn't try changing the code). The presence of "ClearMouseBuffer()" made me think perhaps it would take a couple of rows for just-the-right mouse event to show up, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote:
Quote:
I should also admit that I do try to dismiss the useful Help screen that comes up after the first plot by tapping on it.
I listen to my customers Smile

simply change the function "def wait()"
Code:
def wait():
    ClearKeyboardBuffer();keyCode=keyboard()
    ClearMouseBuffer();mm=mouse()
    while keyCode==0 and mm==((),()):
        keyCode=keyboard();mm=mouse()
    ClearKeyboardBuffer();ClearMouseBuffer()
Now any key or touch will leave the help or info screen.

Nice! Now I have ver 0.8PRO. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Python: Mandelbrot explorer now interactive update 15.08.2021 - jte - 08-15-2021 06:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)