Python: Mandelbrot explorer 0.9 now save and resume update Jan 23 /2022
08-15-2021, 11:36 AM
RE: Python: Mandelbrot explorer now interactive update 15.08.2021
(08-15-2021 06:10 AM)jte Wrote:  Nice update Smile

Last time around, I was having fun with it on a virtual Windows calc. Tonight I updated one of my G1 calcs to 2.1.14588 and tried out Mandelbrot Explorer ver. 0.5.

Of course, I first wanted to try out the newest version of Mandelbrot Explorer, but I didn't have success transferring the app to the calc using the Connectivity Kit (after failing with the transfer to a physical G1 calc I tried with a virtual Windows calc, but same: no luck transferring!). I persevered & found success: I copied and pasted the Python source code from notepad into a virtual calc. Big Grin
Arghh... my fault. Instead of zipping the directory of
"MandelExpl.hpappdir" I only zipped the contents of this directory and that of course is not understood by the connectivity kit.

I've updated the zip-file. You can either download it again, or simply put the files from the zip in a directory named "MandelExpl.hpappdir" and send this directory to the Prime. Sorry for any inconvenience Smile
Quote:Nice & fun polishing, drawing out over the progress bar at the end! Smile Gives the user a real sense of satisfaction.

The improved responsiveness to impatient users is good too — it pacifies those of us hammering away at the keys while the machine is simply trying to make a nice plot. If I'm admitting to impatience, I should also admit that I do try to dismiss the useful Help screen that comes up after the first plot by tapping on it.
I listen to my customers Smile

simply change the function "def wait()"
Code:
def wait():
    ClearKeyboardBuffer();keyCode=keyboard()
    ClearMouseBuffer();mm=mouse()
    while keyCode==0 and mm==((),()):
        keyCode=keyboard();mm=mouse()
    ClearKeyboardBuffer();ClearMouseBuffer()
Now any key or touch will leave the help or info screen.

Günter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Python: Mandelbrot explorer now interactive update 15.08.2021 - Guenter Schink - 08-15-2021 11:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)