NutStudio 3.2.1 available
10-09-2021, 06:32 PM
RE: NutStudio 3.2.1 available
While the description you provide is somewhat lacking, like it does not show what steps you have taken and the results you see, I still think I can give some input on this.

In order to use a module you need a module exports file and while 41cx is provided with the tools, Sandmath is one of several modules that are not provided ready to use in this way.

I downloaded the latest sandmath from TOS (smath44_4x4.mod) and tried to generate an exports file from it. It does not work and it results in:

Code:

fatal error: bad bank switcher instruction 0x01b in secondary FAT header at address 0x8005

This is a rather confusing error, but I understand what it means.

The short explanation is that it will not work. My tools do not support the same scheme of using secondary function tables and postfix arguments as Angel is using. I follow the ideas in the OS4 module which provides rather nice generalization of these concepts and many others.

A little longer explanation follows.

There are two problems here. First, as I mentioned, my tools are modelled after the ideas in the OS4 module. They follow the module page layout as described by HP, but with one small extension in that it uses a (previously) unused marker bit in the ID field to signal that this module uses the extension layout as defined by the OS4 module. Some modules use these bits for other things, Advantage is one example and some of Angel's modules. The way I have interpreted the HP documentation is that it is not supposed to be anything but 0 there.

The presence of these bits causes modtool to think that this module has secondary function tables and set out to decipher them in order to include secondary functions in the export file. As the module is not organized that way, modtool detects that something is wrong and terminates with an appropriate error for that context. The problem is that it went down the wrong path earlier on and assumed that it was an OS4 module when it isn't.

Second, as the way Angel lay out secondary headers and do postfix arguments differs from the way it is done in OS4, so even if it was able to read and generate some form of export file, there would not be support for using secondary functions the way it is done in the Sandmath module.

References:
https://github.com/hth313/OS4
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
NutStudio 3.2.1 available - hth - 04-23-2021, 03:18 AM
RE: NutStudio 3.2.1 available - floppy - 10-08-2021, 02:20 PM
RE: NutStudio 3.2.1 available - hth - 10-09-2021 06:32 PM
RE: NutStudio 3.2.1 available - floppy - 10-11-2021, 08:08 AM
RE: NutStudio 3.2.1 available - hth - 10-18-2021, 05:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)