HP 15C clear plastic strips
04-16-2021, 09:43 AM
RE: HP 15C clear plastic strips
Well, as the strip is slightly triangular/wedge shaped like the calculator is, and as the little folded tab goes in only one way, my plastic strips did fit only right, not left. they are both exactly the same, so they will not fit left and right... i think i will live with it being an accident that there are two. Smile

These plastic strips are, for me at least, a sign of the quality these devices have: They are not really needed, as everything in the calculator is wrapped in multiple layers of ESD film, and all parts are secured solidly. they are intiricate, with a little tab to make it easier to pull out (a pair of pliers would be sufficient and the tab could be left out, which would cutting these from a sheet of film much mure efficient). They even have a small indentation near a screw so it is easier to put together if the film is a tiny bit misaligned.

on modern devices they would be much, much simpler - but probably, no one would even think about putting in this extra part, even if it only costs a fraction of a cent, as the price is the only thing that matters in todays electronics. Everything that is not needed to have the device work while inside of the warranty period is left out.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 15C clear plastic strips - damaltor - 04-09-2021, 06:21 AM
RE: HP 15C clear plastic strips - damaltor - 04-14-2021, 07:42 AM
RE: HP 15C clear plastic strips - BillBee - 04-14-2021, 11:04 AM
RE: HP 15C clear plastic strips - damaltor - 04-16-2021 09:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)