Which BASIC pocket computers make the best calculators?
04-04-2021, 06:44 PM
RE: Which BASIC pocket computers make the best calculators?
(04-04-2021 06:15 PM)Maximilian Hohmann Wrote:  One series of ecellent BASIC programmable calculators that has not been mentioned yet are the Sharp PC-E500 series. In principle they have all that one could wish for, decent alpha keybord, excellent calculator keyboard, large display, an enormous catalog of functions, units, matrices. But the build quality is abysmal, the display is really bad, and the rubber keys plain su**. This is a calculator that would be a super-classic if it had been built to the HP standards of it's time.

I mostly agree with Max! These machines include great program features, good calculator key assignments, and while my screen and overall build are fine, the rubber keys kill it for me. I lobbied hard at Sharp US to have it sold here in US, but they wanted to focus on the Wizard and Zaurus PDA lines. "Wizards include a calculator" was a common reply, clearly from people that don't use calculators.

But I still like the 71B better... Smile

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which BASIC pocket computers make the best calculators? - rprosperi - 04-04-2021 06:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)