Which BASIC pocket computers make the best calculators?
04-04-2021, 07:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2021 07:11 AM by rawi.)
RE: Which BASIC pocket computers make the best calculators?
I would suggest the TI voyage 200 being the best BASIC pocket computer. It has a very powerful basic (including integral, solve, matrix operations, graphic capabilities) and it has a 8-line screen, which is very helpful when programming. Of course you can handle multiple programs and multiple directories. Which makes sense because it has 188 KB ROM and 2.7 MB Flash memory accessible for the user.
It includes as well a very powerful calculator. You can edit your input, if you made a mistake, you have graphic power + CAS and of course you have a qwerty-keyboard. Addititonally you can transfer data and programs from and to your PC.
I think it is far superior to the Casios and Sharps and even the HP71B, but of course this is due to the fact that it is not from the 1980s but from 2002.
It is the most powerful pocket computer / calculator combination I know of and - sadly - it is the last one. I would not call the TI Nspire a pocket computer even if it has the tiny Alpha-Keys.
Best
Raimund
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which BASIC pocket computers make the best calculators? - rawi - 04-04-2021 07:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)